Common signs and symptoms of pregnancy:
- Missed period
- Nausea and vomiting
- Increased fatigue
- Increased hunger or thirst
- Frequent headaches
- Breast tenderness
- Feeling bloated
- Increase in vaginal discharge
- “Period-like” cramping
- Heartburn or indigestion
- More emotional than normal
If you are experiencing these symptoms, you should find out if you are actually pregnant. We can provide a pregnancy test and confirmation free of charge. Schedule an appointment online or call 540.434.7528.
Early Fetal Development
- Approximately two weeks after the first day of your last period, the egg and sperm unite. This tiny new cell contains every detail of the baby.
- At 3 weeks (which is just one week after fertlization), the embryo begins to implant in the lining of the uterus.
- At 5 weeks, the heart begins to beat, and the first signs of brain development are evident.
- At 7 weeks, the embryo is making its own blood.
- At 9 weeks, limbs and fingers are growing rapidly and beginning to calcify.
- At 11 weeks, the embryo is now known as a fetus, which means “young one” in Latin. It has all the major organs and is a distinctly recognizable human.
Return to Be Informed page.
Make an Appointment