STI/STD TESTING & TREATMENT
In Harrisonburg, VA
NO COST STI TESTING AND TREATMENT
AVA Care of Harrisonburg provides free STI/STD testing in Harrisonburg, Virginia. When you’re sexually active, pregnancy may be your greatest concern, but it’s important to not overlook the risks an STI can present to your overall health. While pregnancy is a valid concern, you are only at risk for pregnancy about three days per month (around the time of ovulation), but you are at risk for getting an STI/STD every time you have sex. Learn more about STIs. Free and confidential, schedule an appointment.
STD Testing in Harrisonburg:
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Hepatitis C
Treatment for some infections/diseases will be offered at no cost to you, while referrals for some treatment may be necessary. If you test positive, your sexual partner is encouraged to be tested as well. If a sexually transmitted infection is allowed to continue without treatment, more serious complications, including pelvic inflammatory disease, may result. If you’re concerned you may have an STI or STD, schedule free and confidential STD testing in Harrisonburg, VA.
Things to Consider
→ HOOKING UP
- What are my reasons for hooking up?
- Do I feel pressured to hook up or regretful afterwards?
- What effects might hooking up have on my future relationships?
- Am I aware of the risks of hooking up with multiple partners?
- Do they have an STI or have they ever been tested?
- Am I familiar with the different STI’s, their symptoms, and long term risks?
- What will happen if I get pregnant?
→ DID YOU KNOW
- That you could have an STD and not have any symptoms?
- That you could have problems with infertility or be at higher risk for an ectopic pregnancy if you go untreated for certain STD’s?
- In the state of Virginia, someone can be sued if they have sex with you knowing they have certain STDs?
Dr. Teresa Klansek
The content on this page has been reviewed and approved by our Medical Director Dr. Teresa Klansek.