Abortion Health and Safety Checklist
- Are you sure you are pregnant?
- Are you sure you have a viable, uterine pregnancy? (meaning a heartbeat has been detected via ultrasound and that the pregnancy is in the uterus)
- How informed are you about fetal development?
- What do you know about abortion procedures?
- What do you know about physical complications associated with abortion procedures?
- What do you know about emotional complications associated with abortion procedures?
- Do you know if the abortion clinic will treat you if you have complications during or after the procedure?
- If you need to be hospitalized, does the doctor have hospital privileges?
Often women facing an unintended pregnancy feel they just want to get out of the situation as quickly as possible.
Sometimes abortion seems like the answer that will end all of the problems, but this is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. It is not a decision that should be made hastily. For your own health and safety, you should make every effort to be completely and accurately informed.
If you are not sure about any of the above questions, a nurse from AVA Care will provide you with information and answers that will help you.
Make an Appointment